Duplicate app and new database ... but old data ???

I duplicated my app to do some tests and changes. I created a new database form the older one with a different name. Strangely enough if in the Table and chose View Source it shows me the correct file (an empty file, only headers are left). But if I chose View data it shows me the old data and even in the preview of the app old data are shown ... even after various refresh and syncronize.

Hereโ€ƒandreagiordano_0-1690361151124.png

it shows the right database.

Here 

andreagiordano_0-1692872116827.png former app. I can't see this folder in my Drive

andreagiordano_1-1692872152156.pngnew app's folder I can find it but anyway is empty

Strangely enough the number 2177.... it's the same for the two apps. The version number of the app instead is very different 1.000500 and 1.000019 for the new app. 

And yet two are the apps:

andreagiordano_0-1690363955270.png

Where or what should I check?

Thanks

Andrea

Solved Solved
0 5 219
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The number 2177.. is your AppSheet account number, nothing todo with the data source. Have you double checked that the new app is using the new data source?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

For me it sounds your browser is somehow messing these two apps. Clear the default browser's cache and then open the new app again and see if it shows the data properly.

Thanks for the answer ... I tryed to clean the cash but also to open the app from a new browser and it doesen't work. After few weeks anyway the older app sheet has been updated and this didn't affect the new app that looks to be stuck with the old database ... 

The number 2177.. is your AppSheet account number, nothing todo with the data source. Have you double checked that the new app is using the new data source?

Oh my God ... I discovered some hidden rows in my Sheet ... this is why was keeping on showing items I coulden't see. So everything is solved!๐Ÿ™ˆ

Excellent ๐Ÿ™‚

Top Labels in this Space