Dynamic Display Name Expression

Hi Guys
I am looking for a  Display Name expression in a view that will help me achieve the following. Can anyone direct me please. 

Skip2MiLu_5-1657231560932.png

Skip2MiLu_2-1657230937911.png

Skip2MiLu_0-1657230825288.png

Skip2MiLu_3-1657231008510.png

0 3 78
3 REPLIES 3

You can use the CONCATENATE function to stitch together multiple text strings:

CONCATENATE("Updated: ", "Sun, 4 Jul")

Any of the arguments in a CONCATENATE function can be an expression that returns a string. For example:

CONCATENATE("Updated: ", TODAY())

If you can write an expression that returns the date you want in the display name, use that expression as an argument within the CONCATENATE function. For example:

CONCATENATE("Updated: ", ANY(SELECT(Sub Menu[Sub Menu View Updated], {criteria that specify at least one of the Sub Menu table's rows whose date you want})))

Keep in mind that an expression in a view's Display name property doesn't have the context of the row(s) displayed in the view:

dbaum_0-1657241522946.png

Thanks @dbaum. I was wondering if I could also somehow use Context expression to return the current view name and then return the relevant date within the [Sub Menu View Updated] for the row where the view name matches. Do you think that would work?

I suppose I must also use combination of date and text expressions to return the date in the format I mentioned in my example? 

To me, it sounds circular to use CONTEXT to return the name of the view in an expression for the same view's Display name since you already know the view for which you're creating the display name. I also don't follow how you would "return the relevant date within the [Sub Menu View Updated] for the row where the view name matches". I may be misunderstanding what you're trying to accomplish in the first place or your idea for how to accomplish it.

I'm not experienced formatting dates. Based on a quick review of TEXT() - AppSheet Help, here's a way to achieve a close approximation of the format in your screenshots. There may be other helpful techniques, including leveraging the device's or app's locale.

TEXT("2022-07-04", "DDD, D-MMM")

Top Labels in this Space