Dynamic dashboard isn't filtering grandchildren rows

Hello friends, I’m making a dynamic dashboard with the following structure:

SITE - ORDERS - ITEMS

ITEMS is part of ORDERS, and ORDERS is part of SITE, so when i click on a SITE it should only show its own ITEMS, but that is not happening right now, it only filters the items when i click an order.

I have another app with a similar structure, and this feature works perfectly, what could have gone wrong?

1 8 185
8 REPLIES 8

Does ITEMS have a Ref column back to SITE, or just to ORDERS?

Yes, ITEMS has a Ref column both to SITES and to ORDERS

Hmm.

Is it an actual Ref, not just an Enum w/ base type Ref?

Did you remember to turn the “interactive” switch on…

Yes, all Refs are normal Refs, no fancy stuff there.

Yes i did , in my other app where this feature works i don’t have a Ref to the first level from the last (ITEMS to SITE), maybe that could be jamming the interaction?

I just tested to be sure. It appears a direct ref from grandchild to parent is necessary to avoid the behavior you described in your first post. So, not sure what’s up on your end, sorry

Maybe it has to do with slices? im using a slice of the SITES in most of my refs because each user can only interact with a few ones.

If you want to filter the grandchild record by selecting the record on grand parent, you need to establish direct relationship between grand parent and grand child. On your grand child table, you simply create the VC to get the value of ID of grand parent, by expression such as [Child].[ID] based on your scchema and set the data type to REF, reference table made to Grand Parent.
By doing this. GrandParent table becomes direct parent from GrandChild table, and you can filter the grand child record once the user select one row out of Grand Parent table.

UPDATE: It works ! it was the slices all along !

I was trying to filter all my SITES lists inside my app using a slice based on the list of sites each user has assigned on my user table, however that didn’t vibe with the references apparently, so i moved the slice condition inside each SITE’s ref column valid if(), and it worked ! Thanks a lot for your help guys @Marc_Dillon @tsuji_koichi

Top Labels in this Space