Dynamically Display Fields

I have made myself familiar with showif and isnotblank expressions but I cant get it to do what I am looking for.

I have a field titled 'Number of Deliveries' which has a drop down containing a list of numbers, 1 through 4.

If user selects '2' for example, then I want the next two columns to be shown which will be titled 'Store 1' & 'Store 2'. Similarly, if the user selects '3' from the drops down, the next 3 fields will be shown.

Can this be done?

Thanks in advance for everybody's help.

Solved Solved
0 4 147
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It sound that you wish to show the stores fields based on the column [Number of Deliveries] such that

•  if [Number of Deliveries]=1 , show [Store 1] column
  • if [Number of Deliveries]=2 , show [Store 1] and [Store 2] columns
  • if [Number of Deliveries]=3 , show [Store 1] , [Store 2]  and [Store 3] columns

If this understanding is correct, 

• show_if for [Store 1] can be  [Number of Deliveries]>=1
  • show_if for [Store 2] can be  [Number of Deliveries]>=2
  • show_if for [Store 3] can be  [Number of Deliveries]>=3
  •  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

It sound that you wish to show the stores fields based on the column [Number of Deliveries] such that

•  if [Number of Deliveries]=1 , show [Store 1] column
  • if [Number of Deliveries]=2 , show [Store 1] and [Store 2] columns
  • if [Number of Deliveries]=3 , show [Store 1] , [Store 2]  and [Store 3] columns

If this understanding is correct, 

• show_if for [Store 1] can be  [Number of Deliveries]>=1
  • show_if for [Store 2] can be  [Number of Deliveries]>=2
  • show_if for [Store 3] can be  [Number of Deliveries]>=3
  •  

Thanks, although it didn't work (as shown in the image below), I did manage to fugure out how to use the OR function which does the job.

Screenshot 2022-07-03 at 09.28.49.png

Screenshot 2022-07-03 at 09.29.06.png

Thanks for the update.

It did not work because I naturally assumed the  [Number of Deliveries] as a "Number" type column especially since it had "Number" in its name itself. It sounds that the column is Enum with base type as Text. If you convert it to a number type column ,  especially since all the options only have digits, I believe the suggested simpler expressions will work without need for an "OR"ing.

Yes, your assumption was spot on. Much easier way to do it your way. Thanks.

Top Labels in this Space