ERROR: Array result was not expanded because it would overwrite data

Hi,

I have to measure distance between coordinates for which:

1) I have built an app to get "LatLong" points.

2) For getting the distance between two points, I have written formula on spreadsheet. But for getting the distance using spreadsheet formula, I have to split Latitude and Longitude into different cells.

For splitting the "LatLong" to Latitude(in one cell) and Longitude(in other cell) I have used the formula in spreadsheet as "=SPLIT(U2,",") 

Can someone help me regarding this?

About the screenshot:

Column "Location"=> Record Latlong point through app.

Column "Latitude and Longitude" => split the Latitude and longitude into two different columns using spreadsheet formula. But, sometimes it gives the error(Array result was not expanded because it would overwrite data in W11.) as mentioned in screenshot and fail to split LatLong.

Vijender_2-1646653461508.png

Solved Solved
0 4 13.7K
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hlo @1minManager 

Rather than split function(=SPLIT(U2,",")  I used individual formula for:

Latitude as =LEFT(U12,FIND(",",U12)-1)

and Longitude as  =RIGHT(U12,LEN(U12)-FIND(",",U12))

and it works fine.

Thanks for your reply.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Just means you have something already written in cell W11.  So the SPLIT() function is refusing to overwrite this

I have not written anything in W11,

But in app > longitude column > Auto Compute >Spreadsheet formula: it automatically detects formula "Computed_Value" and same get recorded in spreadsheet while saving new record. Which prohibits array to expand. 

Plz help?

Hlo @1minManager 

Rather than split function(=SPLIT(U2,",")  I used individual formula for:

Latitude as =LEFT(U12,FIND(",",U12)-1)

and Longitude as  =RIGHT(U12,LEN(U12)-FIND(",",U12))

and it works fine.

Thanks for your reply.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Spreadsheet formulas are not AppSheet-related. In the future, please post questions like this to a spreadsheet forum instead.

Top Labels in this Space