Edit Icon has appeared in my app

Denis2

Good afternoon. An Edit icon (the pencil) has appeared in my app. I cannot find what action I set up to cause it to appear but I know I do not need it. How can I remove it, please?

KInd regards,
Denis

Solved Solved
0 6 1,122
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Denis2

Many thanks. Option 1 worked for me.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@Denis
Donโ€™t you need to edit any of your records?? Why do you want to remove it?

Itโ€™s a system action and you can find it under Behavior > Actions.

Denis2

I probably wasnโ€™t clear enough. I attach two screenshots - the emulator screen with Edit icon and โ€œwhat I get when I click on itโ€. โ€œWhat i getโ€ is clearly something i built and itโ€™s that which I donโ€™t need. Does that make sense?

The left image shows a detail view, right image shows a form view. To prevent the pencil icon (the Edit button) from appearing in the lower right-hand corner of the detail view, you have several options:

1. Hide the system-generated Edit action (Behavior > Actions in the app editor) for the table by setting its prominence to Do not display. This will simply remove the icon from the details view for all users without affecting use of or access to the data.

2. If youโ€™re using a slice (Data > Slices), you can disable Updates access for the slice, preventing all users from modifying existing data accessed through that slice.

3. You can disable Updates access for the table (Data > Tables). This will prevent all users of the app from modifying existing data in that table.

Denis2

Many thanks. Option 1 worked for me.

Denis2

Good afternoon,
Still on the same App. This now works as required to allow users to record meter readings and a photograph, including security to ensure that a user can only access an uthorised site. Just to round it off, I want to automatically send an email on 30th of each month to the appropriat manager (set as an email column in Sites table). I want this email to send only the most recent meter reading. I can get the app to send an email but it sends ALL meter readings for that site.

Any help gratefully appreciated.
Denis

Top Labels in this Space