Edit Page text hard to read

Hi, currently inside the 'Edit' page, if a row is NOT editable, then the text shown will be grayed out. This makes the text very hard to read.

I understand that this would not be an issue if they read the information on the Information page instead, but since there are a quite a few users not familiar with technology our app and so we need to avoid clicking additional buttons to get to the 'Edit' page.

I was wondering if there is any way to change the text in the 'Edit' page so it shows as normal and not grayed out, or even better yet customize the UX inside the edit page?

JasonZenox_0-1655798761768.png

Solved Solved
1 7 102
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AFIK, not doable.

Some alternatives I can think of is

1) to display the field's value in the header text by  adding [own column]

TeeSee1_1-1655800497836.png

2) use quick edit columns on the Detail view. (not use a Form view)

TeeSee1_2-1655800684357.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AFIK, not doable.

Some alternatives I can think of is

1) to display the field's value in the header text by  adding [own column]

TeeSee1_1-1655800497836.png

2) use quick edit columns on the Detail view. (not use a Form view)

TeeSee1_2-1655800684357.png

Thank you. Just to confirm, there is no way to use quick edit on a view which can have an overview of all rows, like deck or table, is that correct?

Table views also offer Quick Edit

TeeSee1_0-1655956083692.png

You have to press a button in the top menu bar to enter Edit mode and once editing is done, press Save

Ahh, I see, unfortunately it doesn't look like it will work for me due to the large number of columns I have for each row. It'll be quite difficult to navigate and work with.

I'll most likely need both the list view from table/deck, and the Detail view with quick edit combined together.

Thank you for the information though.

Additional potential work around.

Use a vc of type Show and apply a format rule. Might work in some cases..

Hello, apologies for coming back to this multiple times. I was wondering if we are to change the Display Name, is it possible to add new lines as part of the header text's formula? Better yet to replace certain values in the header text with new lines?

I do not think it is possible...

Top Labels in this Space