Edit action works different between Mobile and Desktop

I have a column (1) that you can input a phone number, like "91929292929", and a virtual column (2) that formats the previous column values into "(91) 92929-2929".

In the Table_Detail, I choose to show only the virtual column (2), and when I click the Edit action, it goes to the Table_Form, and there it shows only the original column (1), and it is editable.

It works as intended, in the mobile version.
But in desktop version, when I click the Edit action, it shows only the virtual column (2), and evidently it isn't editable since their value are computed.
I think it's as if in the desktop version, you're editing the Table_Detail directly. Is it a bug or intendeed? I can't think of a workaround.

Mobile version

Mobile versionMobile version

Desktop version 

Desktop VersionDesktop Version

Solved Solved
0 1 119
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It was as I had thought, in the desktop version, by default, you're editing the Table_Detail directly. I just didn't know this was an option.

For anyone with the same problem, here is the solution:
In the Actions tab, click on the Edit action and choose to "Open a form" in the Desktop behavior.

DVDLessa_0-1679487603092.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

It was as I had thought, in the desktop version, by default, you're editing the Table_Detail directly. I just didn't know this was an option.

For anyone with the same problem, here is the solution:
In the Actions tab, click on the Edit action and choose to "Open a form" in the Desktop behavior.

DVDLessa_0-1679487603092.png

Top Labels in this Space