Edit and update one column

Hi Team,
how can i update only one column of a row using an action?
ex: I want add one solution description before to close an incident?

br

0 8 1,221
8 REPLIES 8

Might need a bit more details on what you have and what you are trying to do. Attaching images help A LOT to clarify your intentions.

For now, Iโ€™ll presume you have an action button that you want to tap/click on that then allows a user to enter some final text (i.e. the โ€œsolution descriptionโ€) and also marks the incident as closed.

To do this you would simply create a slice with ONLY the fields needed to perform the โ€œsolution descriptionโ€ update. Then create a FORM view that uses the new slice. Update your action to โ€œnavigate to a targetโ€ using the LINKTOFORM() function.

This is very high level solution so please ask what details you need help with.

Appologize for the confusion.

@Lynn is correct. I should have specified LINKTOROW() instead. All the other info is still correct.

The Target expression in your Action would be something like:

LINKTOROW([_THISROW], โ€œNew Viewโ€)

Because is already attached to some row for display, it knows which row to send. The โ€œNew Viewโ€ uses the Slice so it knows which column(s) to display. When you send a row to a FORM view in this manner, AppSheet knows to open the FORM for editing rather than as a new row.

If you still need more details, let us know.

Thks.
this solution is running.

Thks John,
Iโ€™m working in this direction (linktoform) but this option is creating a new _rownumber, and I want to modify a column of current _rownumer.

Hi @J_jvs
Have you tried LINKTOROW or Quick edit ?

Hi Lynn,
linktorow.
quick edit? how?

https://help.appsheet.com/en/?q=LINKTOROW

Thks Lynn,
itโ€™s ok, an option.
but i want to be cleaner.
I need to use an action button to open this column and modify it.

Top Labels in this Space