Edit button going to different form

Hi,

I am having trouble with the edit button on the details view. I have created 6 different forms for a table. Depending on the nature of request, it will use specific form. Apparently, once i clicked edit button in the details view, instead of going to the details of that specific form, it shows another form (first form of the table). I am not sure if its a bug or other issues.

Solved Solved
0 3 209
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ah! I'm sorry, yes you did say that! 

LINKTOROW() requires you to know the [ID] of the row you're looking for. If you do not, you can use SELECT() to find it and nest it within the LINKTOROW()

LINKTOROW(SELECT(MyTable[ID], [Data] = [_THISROW].[Data]), "Edit Form")

I'm not sure why you're not seeing the edit behaviour you're expecting, have you tried creating your own Edit action? 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I'm not entirely clear on what's going on with your specific application, but have you tried creating an Action to do what you need? LINKTOFORM() may help you.

Thanks! but I am not sure of the LINKTOFORM() since it will create another record. I tried the LINKTOROW() but still not sure of the expression. I am trying to understand why is it the system generated edit button does not go to the specific form/details of the record.

Ah! I'm sorry, yes you did say that! 

LINKTOROW() requires you to know the [ID] of the row you're looking for. If you do not, you can use SELECT() to find it and nest it within the LINKTOROW()

LINKTOROW(SELECT(MyTable[ID], [Data] = [_THISROW].[Data]), "Edit Form")

I'm not sure why you're not seeing the edit behaviour you're expecting, have you tried creating your own Edit action? 

Top Labels in this Space