Edit button in Desktop mode did not open the default form

Hi,

When enable the desktop view for the Appsheet user, I found the following errors and have no way to fix it no matter how many times I tried changing the structure of the data. So, I guess I need to report a bug for this.

1. Edit button did not jump correctly to the default form view. It's not even related to the quick-edit of the details view. Not sure which view it's using but it's very buggy because it does not allow full editting of the selected data. Currently has to force the edit button inside data page to direct correctly to the form. 

2. Emumlist displaying all data if the value is null and ignoring the valid-if/initial/suggeted value requirements. I tried put a ISBLANK to limit it, but it's not working. 

The mobile version works perfectly fine. So I assume it's just the desktop view problem.

Unfortunately, my boss prefers the desktop view than the mobile view on her browser so disable the mode is not an option.

0 6 602
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Attn @Arthur_Rallu 

Sorry, the second problem is wrongly described. It should be:

The Emumlist with valid data that has an initial value filled is not displaying properly on desktop mode.

It presents the whole referenced table data instead of the limited option.

In the mobile version, it's displaying properly.

P.S. It seems like the changes needs to wait an entensive amount of time before it gets appied to the desktop mode. Is there way to improve this? It's very inconvenient especially when you realized the desktop mode is not going to work the same way as mobile mode.

Asa
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

I'm experiencing the same issue as #1 above.
Am currently experimenting with setting action buttons to open the correct form, but haven't gotten the form to populate with current record yet.

Asa
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Ok...it looks like I got #1 working with a custom action button which targets the current row and form that I want to open:

Asa_0-1668617759403.jpeg

I'll confirm with a few more tests and will loop back if not working.

THANK YOU for this!

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Desktop view is in preview and is not suitable for use in any important app.

Please report problems with the desktop view preview here:

In Preview: New UI design for desktop users - Google Cloud Community

Top Labels in this Space