Edit button missing in detail view

Hi, for some reason I have no edit button in one of the detail views of my app. It’s there in other detail view, and looking at Behaviour I can’t see any difference between the two (both have a system-generated Edit action with Prominence: Display Overlay). Any ideas?

The one that doesn’t work:
3X_c_f_cf117b6609da2536f2b64dcc4d0ec886703bf4c6.png

vs the one that does work:

And the Action that should make the button:

Solved Solved
0 6 1,017
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ah-hah! Updates were already allowed in both the table and the slice, but I just tried adding a second Slice Action (Edit) and that seems to have done the trick.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @EJ_Mann

1. Is there a condition in this section of your Edit action ?

2. Also, are your two detail views based on the same table ?

1. No, no condition

2. Yes, the two detail views are based on different tables. I can see a system-generated Edit action for each table, but apart from applying to different tables they look identical - same action, same Appearance settings (Display Overlay), and neither of them has anything under Behaviour (see below). Hence why I’m stumped!

Check the table permissions to make sure Updates are allowed.

If your view is based on a Slice, then you will want to make sure the Slice ALSO has Updates allowed.

Ah-hah! Updates were already allowed in both the table and the slice, but I just tried adding a second Slice Action (Edit) and that seems to have done the trick.

Good Catch!! Yes, once you add any actions to the Slice list, you MUST add ALL you wish the Slice data to use.

Tengo un problema parecido...

Antonio_L_Ferre_0-1702652464989.png

Aunque en mi caso desaparencen determinadas acciones y otras no...

No acabo de entender por qué?😠

Top Labels in this Space