Edit button opening a wrong form

Hello. Before posting here I searched for a solution here and I found similar topics, like in https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Edit-button-going-to-different-form/m-p/607678#...  but I couln't really find a answer.

In my Primary navigation view, i have some records of people. Opening the details of each person, it shows the correct columns. 

But when i click on the edit button (inside the details view), it opens a reference view (the first one, that is used in a Action Button named "Dia 1") instead of editing the columns in the details.

Can someone help me?

sheet.png

Solved Solved
0 3 300
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

If you create a ref view, the system prioritize it over the system generated view.

If you want to use the original view, create your own action button to edit the row using LINKTOROW().

View solution in original post

Another workaround is to change the "Dia 1" form view's position to Menu and set that form view's option called Show_If to FALSE. Then the original action works properly but you can still open the other form view with the "Dia 1" action button.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

If you create a ref view, the system prioritize it over the system generated view.

If you want to use the original view, create your own action button to edit the row using LINKTOROW().

Another workaround is to change the "Dia 1" form view's position to Menu and set that form view's option called Show_If to FALSE. Then the original action works properly but you can still open the other form view with the "Dia 1" action button.

Thank you all. Both solutions were great and worked, I used the solution from @AleksiAlkio 

Top Labels in this Space