Edit more than 1 table through a view

So I have a table of people and a table of transactions. They are combined in a view. If I make changes to the table of people my app works fine. If I make changes to the table of transactions my app works fine. If I make a change to the table of people and then make a change, even after my red 1 on the sync button has gone away, to my transaction table I get an error about changing more than 1 table. If I wait an extra 5-10 seconds or manually sync the app I can make these same changes and not get an error. Is there a way that I can resolve this issue? I need my users to be able to make changes to both through this view. I believe the issue comes down to changes being sent together if they are done within a small time frame of each other. Is there a way for me to have them sent separately? Maybe add both tables into the app and have the changes sent through the base table via an action itself instead of through the view? The only change that is being made to the transaction table is changing a boolean from false to true.

0 4 259
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

What does this mean?

Joined together in a view in my database.

AppSheet has no specific support for database-side views, so the appโ€™s behavior when using database views is undefined. You should probably find a different approach, like this:

I implemented that and after a couple of test it seems to work but definitely was not rigorously tested. Was pretty sure I had solved this issue before but users always find a way to use it that you didnโ€™t test for.

Top Labels in this Space