Editable IF question

Hi,

I’m trying to set up an editable IF rule in all the columns of a table (is there any way to do this other then do it in all single columns?) and I’m using this syntax: [_THISROW].[column_with_inicial_value=USEREMAIL()]=USEREMAIL()
For some reason this works for edit constrains, but when some user have to add a new entry, the column where this rule is apllied to is missing…

What am I doing wrong…?

EDIT: I was reading about it and I think “are updates allowed?” in tables propertys panel is what I need, but I can´t figure out how I can setup this expression to only permit UPDATES if the useremail column of the row is equal to the useremail that is trying to UPDATE the row…

SWITCH(USEREMAIL(),
"user1@mydomain.com", “UPDATES_ONLY”, (I need to change this static email expression to USEREMAIL()
"user2@mydomain.com", “ALL_CHANGES”,
“READ_ONLY”)

Solved Solved
0 2 1,010
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Oh, Ok…thanks!
I used in " *Only if this condition is true" this expression: [UserEmail]=USEREMAIL()
And that´s exactly what I was looking for…! It Works, simple!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

A table’s Are updates allowed? property applies to the entire table, not to individual rows; you cannot use it to control which rows in a table a user can edit.

Consider modifying the Edit action for the table (in Behavior > Actions) to set its Only if this condition is true property to an expression that limits access as desired.

Oh, Ok…thanks!
I used in " *Only if this condition is true" this expression: [UserEmail]=USEREMAIL()
And that´s exactly what I was looking for…! It Works, simple!

Top Labels in this Space