Email Attachment Automation - Send Once instead of Hundreds?

Sorry for the flurry of questions today. I am working on an automation to send a report at the end of a week containing a listing of residents seen by providers that week. I have a "seen by provider" table that captures which provider saw which resident, at which facility, and when.

I first created a scheduled event, configured as seen below:

Screenshot 2022-04-07 10.50.49.png

and I configured the "send email" part. It's working, however, instead of me receiving a single email with the report, as of this typing, i have received over 100 of the same report ๐Ÿ™‚

What am i missing here? I imagine it's because of the "ForEachRowInTable" part in the schedule. If this is correct, my concern is that turning off that field removes that "what table to query" part.

Solved Solved
0 7 114
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, "foreachrowintable" is executing the same thing hundreds of times.

You can change your expression to gather data from the table you want without needing that setting

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Yes, "foreachrowintable" is executing the same thing hundreds of times.

You can change your expression to gather data from the table you want without needing that setting

and of course now I am having filtering problems ๐Ÿ™‚

Seems the condition wants a yes/no, and i am having trouble figuring out how to feed my list based on

Seen by Provider[Seen Timestamp]>=(TODAY()-7)

I may get this figured out on my own. I welcome the help, but I am also documenting my thoughts as I go. These things are always helpful to go back and read later ๐Ÿ™‚

Provider[Seen Timestamp]>=(TODAY()-7)

This doesn't seem right since Provider[Seen Timestamp] is a list of (I guess) datetime data and (TODAY()-7) is a date

Even if I use (NOW()-7), the error i get is 

Cannot compare list with DateTime in (Seen by Provider[Seen Timestamp]>=(Now()-7))

Yes, exatly.

Can you share your template as well as the result of it?

Maybe you may want to send a report using a template Start:

Template Start Expressions | AppSheet Help Center

Heck, this alone was a significant tip, i didn't realize that I could filter in the template! I allowed it to create the template for me and am just now looking at it. I think perhaps I just need to work with a proper filter statement for the start expression.

Thank you!

Screenshot 2022-04-07 11.21.32.png

Thank you again, I completed the filter in the start expression on the template this morning, and it performed as expected. Now to take baby steps in customizing the template further.

Top Labels in this Space