Email Automation PDF template won't work

I am creating an app which lets Employers track their employees contributions to a corporate savings plan. This app can be used by many different companies so it is important that just "Employer XYZ" can see "Employee's XYZ" information. 
The automation which I am creating and need help with is an email automation which will get sent to the Employer each week and will just contain the Employees information.

I have been wrestling with getting the template to work with Start expressions for a while now, I am stuck. Here is what my basic PDF template looks like that will get emailed:
Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 2.17.54 PM.png

If I could get each column here to have the full list of the employees who belong to who the email gets sent to [Payroll Email], it would be great! Thanks in advance for any help!

0 7 96
7 REPLIES 7

Happy to help but we'd need to see mroe info as to what you're trying to do and how your tables and columns are setup in Appsheet

I want an PDF to be emailed on a schedule. The email should get sent to the [Payroll Contact Email] and only contain the employees payment information that belongs to the [Payroll Contact Email]'s organization. 
The data/column I am using for the PDF belongs to the Employee Signup table, I have attached photos below.
How the app works now, is that we use Security filters so that the [Payroll Contact Email] can only view their own employees. Like I mentioned before, the difficulty lies in that multiple organization can use this app, so the security filter is essential and the same logic applies to the PDF email. Let me know if you require additional information.

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 8.38.54 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-04 at 8.39.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-04 at 8.39.12 AM.png

@1minManager 
I provided more details, I would appreciate any insights you can give. I have been stuck on this issue for more than a week.

So I think the main issue might be your data structure.  As it seems you have just one table of employees.  Is this the case?

Yes, just one table of employees. The employee table gets filled into the google sheet from a google survey.

So i think what you need to do is to create a parent table of employees called employers.  Then whenever a new employee record arrives the app checks if that company exists and of not it creates them.  That way you have all the employee submisssions grouped under a company so you can then easily do a report of just one company.

In that regard we do have two tables, there is another table which comes from a google survey which just the employers fill out. So we do have an employee table and employer table.
The difficulty is getting the PDF template to work with Start expressions. I cannot figure out how to get multiple employees belonging to a single organization in the PDF that gets emailed. It will always default to just sending the first customer.

Top Labels in this Space