Email Body Template Formatting in Google Docs

Mel
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

In one of the Google docs I'm using as an email template, I can't seem to get bulleted lists to format with bullets. I've also tried formatting the document in Word and then importing it to Google, but then the images on the document don't show up on the document and instead come through as attachments. How do I correctly format an email body template to include both bullet points and images?

Any assistance on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Solved Solved
0 6 640
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We've had similar challenges with bullets as there seems to be some sort of css rules being applie to <li> tags which removes the bullet styles.

The workaround we did was to manually insert a bullet-looking symbol right after the bullet.  This rendered properly. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

You should be able to simply include the bullet points and images directly in the template file. Provide a screenshot of the template file so we can see what you might be doing wrong.

Mel
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Here's some clarification for you. 

Here's my template in Google Docs:

Mel_1-1661448697308.png

And here's the document that generates from the automation:

Mel_3-1661448791873.png

Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated! ๐Ÿ˜

We've had similar challenges with bullets as there seems to be some sort of css rules being applie to <li> tags which removes the bullet styles.

The workaround we did was to manually insert a bullet-looking symbol right after the bullet.  This rendered properly. 

Thank you for your prompt response. I'll try it out!

Hey! This worked! Thank you, @JPAlpano !

Mel
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

An update: In order to get the bullet points and hanging indents to line up correctly, I had to insert a two column table, with the first column being reserved for the inserted bullet point characters and the second column reserved for the text. 

Top Labels in this Space