Email Body Template Formatting

Hi guys,

I simply cannot get the Google Doc email body template to behave. In the document everything looks fine, but as soon as you attempt to use that template, if there's a table in it it just behaves terribly. It seems to intefere with all the formatting of the document below it.

In the doc everything is aligned and correclty spaced:

Qiro_0-1694806795766.png

In the email there's huge spaces and everything is misaligned:

Qiro_1-1694806827081.png

Can anyone offer any suggestions? It's not the margins, they don't change.

0 6 334
6 REPLIES 6

One thing you may want to try is if those titles "Upcoming...." , "Incident.....", "Driver...." are set as Headings in the template, you could try to set them as plain text with necessary higher font size and making those bold to look like headings.

Thanks for the suggestion. I wish I could say that was the fix, but I'm seeing the same strange alignment with everything as 'Normal text' too ☹️

I did have the wild idea overnight to put the entire thing into a table, so I'm trying that out now.

Oops. Do those tables contain template expressions,  meaning do those tables display data from the app ? 

On my quick test , the headings seem to be placed in a satisfactory manner above the tables in the PDF produced.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1694855936658.png

Relevant template part:

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1694856004578.png

Here I placed the heading in (text format) still closer to the table and seems to work well.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_2-1694856167063.png

Template:

Suvrutt_Gurjar_3-1694856204894.png

Yes, you're right, I'm using the template to display data. This was the exact table I was trying to insert that was causing everything to misalign

Qiro_0-1694856416739.png

Honestly, I think I may be the problem here. I even wiped the doc and created a new template, but they never seem to align correctly. I'm creating an email, rather than a PDF, but that shouldn't make any difference, should it?

The only way I have been able to get everything aligned as I'd like is by making the entire page a table, which once you hide the lines, looks the same anyway lol

@Qiro wrote:

The only way I have been able to get everything aligned as I'd like is by making the entire page a table, which once you hide the lines, looks the same anyway lol

Yes, that is a good, nice workaround approach  I was about to suggest that. I faintly recollect a similar post I participated a few years ago. I will post it if I can locate it.

With email, yes, you are right, it could be a different spacing. I moved away from my desk just now. I will post email test results and other post later. Currently responding from mobile. 

Well, here is the post I mentioned earlier

Solved: HTML Formatting Coming in Wonky - Google Cloud Community

Below is the testing performed on Email. There also the heading (normal text) "Product Details" does not create space. However the heading Customer is based on Heading 1 and it has more space between heading and other fields.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1694862856498.png

Edit:  And observations in the post below most of them by @Lynn and a few by me were also relevant for inclusion in help documentation.

Hi Everyone, Does anyone know why I am getti... - Google Cloud Community

Top Labels in this Space