Email Filtered Data From the Table

Hi Team, 

Currently I'm exploring the appsheet features and my requirements would be to send an email with the dataset that has been filter through the UI table. I was currently using expression but It seems that there is no way that I can get the filtered data to be display on my email body. Is there anyway that I can do this. Please help me thanks 

Best Regards

John

0 14 555
14 REPLIES 14

No way to send via mail what you filter on the UI.

Although, there are workarounds to make something like that using EnumList and others

Hi

Do I need to use enumlist on the expression? sorry can you please elaborate thanks

Best regards

John

You can do the following: 

1. Add a new column, "mailFlag" to your table. This will contain either 1 or 0 as an initial value. 

2. Create an action for the rows of your table, with Do this - Data: Set the values of some columns in this row. This action will put a 1 in the mailFlag column. Show this action as an overlay and name it for example Mail Select. 

3. Filter the records as desired in the UI, then click the Mail Select button action. All selected rows will have its mailFlag column set to 1.

4. Now you should have a grouped action that will operate on the selected records, using a selection expression like: 
    SELECT( table[recordID], [mailFlag] = 1 )
    1. send email for the selected records
    2. reset mailFlag back to 0

In step 4 , how can I have a group action that is not for  row level ?

It may depend on what do you think row level means

what I mean is if there is a group action that can Iterate to a sets of data or maybe get the sets of data and send it to a certain email. Right now the action button is per specific row of table. I tried to set it up as a display overlay but it seems that it can't be done 

Like for example I wanted to get a list of product inventory on a table that can be sent through an email 

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

> my requirements would be to send an email with the dataset that has been filter through the UI table

Please clarify; this is vague.

Hi Steve,

I have a table that I filtered per specific user I wanted to get this list per user and send it via email to its user. As of the moment we are using email per row of data, I wanted to send only one email per sets of data (row). That is what I'm trying to achieve thank you

Let Re-Phrase the Question With an Example,
He has a table of 10 eggs with column Weight & Color. 2 greens, 3 reds, 4 yellows & 1 white egg.

He can use FILTER & FILTERVIEW TO Search & View Eggs by Color on AppSheet.

But How can we "send an email" of a filtered table by search parameter

eg where egg = " green" or "red" 

I've made extra tables just to make what you say.

This table is called something like "SendNAME_OF_ORIGINAL_TABLE" and it's child of the original.

The purpose of these ones is that I can open a form to add a new row to it where I can take a look at the exact info that will be sent. I can select files or rows of data, or it can even be done automatically via FILTER().

Then I have bots that it's event is "Adds only" on the Send table and there you go, it's very reliable

That means it will send an email when you add another row to the child table? Sorry can you please elaborate.. I didn't get the part that you've created a new form .. I already filtered the original table what I need to do next is to send those records (rows) via email on one instance not per row. Thank you appreciate your help 

A simpler, more rudimentary suggestion, use looker studio to create the views and filters you want and email from there. 

Top Labels in this Space