Email Preview shows exactly what i want, actual emails don’t

So I’ve been reading everything I can to troubleshoot shoot and it’s just the weirdest thing.

Email preview shows my related table and details exactly the way I want it to.  But when i do a test entry.  Everything but the related content shows up…  Even though the preview shows it working.

I’ve even made a sandbox project with a simple data set.  Clean unix friendly naming structure “id_log”.  Keys set on the correct col, as I read from previous threads.  Using the stock generated email.  Email preview looks fine, actual email has no related content.  no restrictions, just plain jane content.   Anyone run into this?  I even tried making the file public with zero restrictions and still no related content shows in the email.  But the preview shows everything like it should output..  Ugh

*My Parent Table is the email table and related is the child as noted is other threads as well.

Any thought appreciated, I can post example but seriously vanilla and preview always show what it should be.  I don’t get the correlation Preview == Correct, Actual email == missing related content

0 5 251
5 REPLIES 5

So doing some more troubleshooting, If i have the even trigger for adds & updates.  When I update the data and a new email is sent… the related content is now visible.

Its like the email send before the related content has actually saved to the sheet..  Still open to input, I’m thinking add a condition to delay the trigger until the child sheet has a match related ID to the parent?

Finally update still seems odd but if anyone runs into this or know what I’ve done wrong to cause this.  

I put a duration Delay event between the trigger and email.  6min delay seems to have worked.  The related content all shows up now on the emails.

Cheers

Yes, a Bot that triggers on parent add does not have access to the child data yet. This used to be documented in the help docs, I'm not so sure anymore because we keep getting this same question lately.

If you're fine with the delay inherent with the wait step, that's fine, but I think it's a bad solution. Better to set up your Bot as an update only, and trigger an update immediately following the initial creation.

Yeah, indeed. I saw the same questions probably 10k or more times... 

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@Marc_Dillon wrote:

This used to be documented in the help docs, I'm not so sure anymore because we keep getting this same question lately.

Troubleshoot email - AppSheet Help

Send an email from an automation - AppSheet Help

Top Labels in this Space