Email Template Start condition with photos side by side

Hi!,

I've always used Start conditions to display information row by row in an email attachment template.

However, I'm not aware of a way to display more than one row from an Appsheet data source in the same table row in a Template.

For example, I have a table in an Appsheet data source that has one image in each row.

I can use a start condition to display the images with one image in one row in a table in an email attachment template. 

Is there any way that I don't know of that you could have a table in a Google Doc template and then display the image from row 1 of the source table in the first column of the template, then the image in the 2nd row in the 2nd column, and so on?

Like this:

Screen Shot 2023-10-09 at 3.55.55 PM.png

Solved Solved
0 6 319
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You can do something resembling what you have by following this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd4U4IyO6qg and creating two tables side by side, each containing rows with ODD [_ROWNUMBER]s and EVEN [_ROWNUMBER]s respectively. (use <<START: SELECT(table[key], MOD([_ROWNUMBER],2)=1))>> ... <<END>>)

It might be tough to get the exact formatting you want (maybe never get there...).

TeeSee1_0-1696920883542.png

TeeSee1_1-1696921059633.png

View solution in original post

Thanks @Suvrutt_Gurjar for your info.

One question, does your solution show one picture per cell or do they all appear in one cell vertically (no cell frames)? I tried to do one picture per cell and ended up with the solution I proposed.

Good point @TeeSee1 . Yes, the template shared by me will place all the images in one cell vertically.  Your approach of taking the <<END>> statement out of cell is nice  one. Thank you for making that subtle but important difference clear.

6 REPLIES 6

You can do something resembling what you have by following this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd4U4IyO6qg and creating two tables side by side, each containing rows with ODD [_ROWNUMBER]s and EVEN [_ROWNUMBER]s respectively. (use <<START: SELECT(table[key], MOD([_ROWNUMBER],2)=1))>> ... <<END>>)

It might be tough to get the exact formatting you want (maybe never get there...).

TeeSee1_0-1696920883542.png

TeeSee1_1-1696921059633.png

You may want to take a look at the below post thread as well.

Solved: Gallery report in reading direction - Google Cloud Community

Thanks @Suvrutt_Gurjar for your info.

One question, does your solution show one picture per cell or do they all appear in one cell vertically (no cell frames)? I tried to do one picture per cell and ended up with the solution I proposed.

Good point @TeeSee1 . Yes, the template shared by me will place all the images in one cell vertically.  Your approach of taking the <<END>> statement out of cell is nice  one. Thank you for making that subtle but important difference clear.

If you are interested in an HTML template for this, let me know

@TeeSee1 @Suvrutt_Gurjar Ahh, this all makes sense. 

Thank you both for your solutions! I had some thoughts of how to do it, but it was far more complicated 🙂

Top Labels in this Space