Email attachment template expressions

I have spent a full day reading the docs and looking at sample apps to attempt to understand how to create a google docs template to report on a table.  I am desperate for some assistance to understand why I cannot achieve what I need to.  Here is the background and goal.

1. I have a single table called "Job Board" with a key column called [ID] which is a random Hex UNIQUE()

2. The table records truck movements and captures job data in columns such as [Client Name], [Pickup Location], [Pickup date], [Dropoff Date], [Truck Used], etc...

3. I need a report that groups the job rows by [Truck used] which is one of 5 unique text license plates representing the 5 trucks. [Truck Used] is an ENUM list and not a ref column to a seprate table.

4. I need to be able to create a report grouped by [Truck Used] with the other columns noted above underneath them.

5. Most of the examples I have read are focused on embedded related tables and it doesn't apply here.  

6. The <<Start: SELECT(Job Board[ID], TRUE)>> expression grabs everything and using any other filters in the Select fail the test.  I cannot figure out how to group the results by [Truck Used].

Thank you for your assistance in advance.

John

Solved Solved
0 5 137
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If yes, then the template would be as simple as this..

AleksiAlkio_0-1692266631928.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Do you have a table for your trucks? That would make the job much easier.

I do have a table for the "Trucks" but I only use it for the ENUMLIST dropdown menu for "Job Board" [Trucks Used].  This is the SELECT statement in the [Trucks Used] suggested values formula. 

SELECT(
Trucks[Trucks],
[Trucks] <> ""
)

The key for the Trucks table is [ID]

If yes, then the template would be as simple as this..

AleksiAlkio_0-1692266631928.png

Thanks Aleksi.  

I reworked my tables and set the Truck Used as a ref column for the Trucks table.  Seems to work now.

I now need to incorporate the ability to select rows based on the Pickup Date range, and also exclude certain rows based on Job Type.  

I don't want to upset what I have working now so I would appreciate any guidance you have on the expressions and their placement.

Cheers

John

Top Labels in this Space