Email automation stopped working

Hi,

The automation of sending an email with an attached pdf has stopped working for all my apps. I am based in South Africa. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thank you,

Hyman

Solved Solved
0 4 189
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Do you know if anyone else is having trouble getting the emails as well?

Since you reviewed the logs and don't see errors,  I assume then you see a log entry that the bot ran and the email step executed with the list of email addresses the message was being sent to?

With the above in mind, one of the following 3 things is likely to have occurred:

1. Junk mail rules changed and the emails are going into a junk or spam folder.
  2. Your ISP is blocking the email for some reason.  Inbox full?
  3. If the above two seem ok then you might need to contact AppSheet support.  They might have had messages blocked as an sender.  Occasionally, again because criteria changes, some routing host along the path will detect the message as "frequent" spam and will block the sender preventing messages from being fully routed.  This is done to thwart spam bots.

Please let us know what you find out once the issue is resolved.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Please clarify what "stop working" specifically means.   Stopped working in what way?

Oh yes, good question, I do not receive the email with the attachment anymore. I have checked the log analyser, no errors, and like I said, it suddenly started happening with all the apps I am using. It was working perfectly until about three days ago.

Thank you

Do you know if anyone else is having trouble getting the emails as well?

Since you reviewed the logs and don't see errors,  I assume then you see a log entry that the bot ran and the email step executed with the list of email addresses the message was being sent to?

With the above in mind, one of the following 3 things is likely to have occurred:

1. Junk mail rules changed and the emails are going into a junk or spam folder.
  2. Your ISP is blocking the email for some reason.  Inbox full?
  3. If the above two seem ok then you might need to contact AppSheet support.  They might have had messages blocked as an sender.  Occasionally, again because criteria changes, some routing host along the path will detect the message as "frequent" spam and will block the sender preventing messages from being fully routed.  This is done to thwart spam bots.

Please let us know what you find out once the issue is resolved.

Of course, stupid of me not to have checked spam : ), The messages were all in there. Thank you

Top Labels in this Space