Email template archive to incorrect folder path

Hi everyone,

For some or other reason some of my email templates archive to the folder path I created but then add the file name to the folder path. So my folder path is CONCATENATE("Meets_Files_/",[Meet Type].[Type])

and the attachment name is <<[Meet Type].[Type]>> meeting Minutes <<[Meet Date]>>.

Instead that the files being stored in Meets_Files_/Board, it is stored in Meets_Files_/Board/Board meeting Minutes 11/10 with the file name what is left of the date. As if the file name is being incorporated into the folder path.

I will try to change the attachment name to move the date to begin. But this seems to be a glitch

Thank you

Solved Solved
0 4 184
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

[Meet Date]  has a slash in it?  That will cause another folder to be created.  Instead use the TEXT() function to format the date without slashes such as :

TEXT([Meet Date], "YYYYMMDD")

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

[Meet Date]  has a slash in it?  That will cause another folder to be created.  Instead use the TEXT() function to format the date without slashes such as :

TEXT([Meet Date], "YYYYMMDD")

Thank you, that is a better idea. I changed the / to - with concatenste.
Strange that it happen because the date with slashes was in the attachment
name and not folder path. Anyway, solved for now. Thank you

--
Optimizing Aid with IT

@Hyman_van_Zyl wrote:

Strange that it happen because the date with slashes was in the attachment
name and not folder path

I believe the combination of Folder Path + Filename are sent together as one string of text to the cloud platform where the save is to happen such as to Google Drive.  That platform reads that string and parses by the slashes to determine the Folders that are needed.  

Ok, that makes sense. Thank you

--
Hyman van Zyl
www.aidit.net
https://www.facebook.com/hymanvanzyl <>
https://www.linkedin.com/in/hymanvanzyl/
<>

--
Optimizing Aid with IT
Top Labels in this Space