Embed AppSheet Form on website with file upload?

I'm trying to understand if it's possible to embed an AppSheet Form on a website or at least present it in a desktop browser publicly where people can submit an application with file upload attachments.

I don't think I can use Google Forms because I don't want to require a Google Account for people to upload files.

I want to create the application review process on AppSheet for our authenticated domain users, but I want public users to be able to submit an application and upload files that would go to a Google Drive folder.

I don't want users to feel like they're in an app necessarily. . . just submitting a form.

Thanks!

0 3 394
3 REPLIES 3

@peoutebpi wrote:

I'm trying to understand if it's possible to embed an AppSheet Form on a website or at least present it in a desktop browser publicly

You can do either. 

Embed into a webpage using the iFrame component.  Run your app in an iFrame on a webpage

Or

You could provide a link that launches the app in the browser.  This will open a new tab to display the app Input Form.

@peoutebpi wrote:

I want to create the application review process on AppSheet for our authenticated domain users, but I want public users to be able to submit an application and upload files that would go to a Google Drive folder

You will need 2 apps,

1. A Public App, created under the Publisher Pro plan, used to capture the input from any user on your webpage.
  2. A secured, login-required, app used by your domain users to review and adjust the entries.

I also believe it is still the case that Public apps and secured apps must be managed in separate AppSheet accounts.

I hope this helps!

@WillowMobileSys wrote:

I also believe it is still the case that Public apps and secured apps must be managed in separate AppSheet accounts.

Indeed

Yes, you can display AppSheet on a website.  I'm using Google Sites and I have it displayed.  However, the problem I'm now is that the sidebar menu is showing and it's not fitting into the frame the way I want to see it. Note, to show on the website, it has to be public, meaning user id has to be turned off

Top Labels in this Space