Embedded App View (Dynamic Email) Error

I have an automation setup to send an approval email with an embedded view upon a new row being added to one of my tables. The automation completes as successful in the automation monitor and the email arrives in the gmail inbox; however, the email body does not display. The attached image is the error I'm getting. I've checked all of the troubleshooting steps (here) and everything appears to be setup correctly in the app. Any insight into fixing this would be appreciated.

I should also note that I've tried contacting support about this and haven't gotten anywhere. The support rep did not know what an embedded app view even was and hasn't responded to requests to escalate the ticket. 

greggillam_0-1660235536898.png

Solved Solved
2 8 1,151
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The issue was the embedded email size limits.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @greggillam ,

What type of UX view are you sending is it a detail view with quick edits or a form view? Also, just to make sure is the user that the email is being sent to listed as a user of the App? Not just on the user table, but meaning the App has been shared with whoever is receiving this email. 

Thanks,

Austin from AppSheet Training

It is a detail view with a few quick edits columns enabled. Right now I have the automation sending the email to myself for testing purposes. Thanks for your help here. 

The only thing I can think of is maybe a slice is filtering out the data you are trying to view, security filters, or a conditional set in the automation that is limiting the email from viewing the data. Could you send screen shots of the automation steps and then just an outline of your data structure?

Trigger:

greggillam_0-1660587761984.png

The only condition placed on this is that the Approval column have the value of "Pending", which is the initial value for the Approval column in this table.

Process:

greggillam_1-1660587812736.png

The only things not visible is the Advanced option, in which I've set the "From Name" to Supply Hub.

When you say outline of data structure, what exactly do you need?

Just the name of the data tables and the columns so I can see how/if there are any related tables that may be causing the issue. 

And is the To column sending to an Email column or is it just sending to your email address?

It may be helpful if I can see the view you are sending as well if you can send that would be great. 

Sorry for the back and forth just trying to see where the problem is. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks Austin, i appreciate your attempts to help here. I'm just sending an email template with a link to the row for approval. It's not ideal but it works for now.

The issue was the embedded email size limits.

For anyone else experiencing this issue, I had to remove a specific column that apparently had an "Initial Value" formula that was too complex for the email view to compute.

Top Labels in this Space