Embedded Form GUI Possible?

Is it possible to nest GUIs in AppSheet?

I am creating a new build of the app we have been using to document hospital rounding encounters and such and am hoping to make things a bit more modular than my first attempt and create more relational tables as opposed to having so many things (columns) baked into a primary table.

For example, in the first build, the patients table had a LOT of columns that held things that could be moved to another table, such as address. I created an addresses table to store addresses and have them related to the patient. That way, they can have multiple addresses associated for home, work, etc.

To my question, am wondering if my approach going forward is going to come back to bite me because i am now thinking of how i can have nested GUI on forms, for example, to allow a user to enter information pertinent to a hospital stay without having to change screens.

Can i have a view that has embedded forms from another table? So i can see the patient but if the patient is hospitalized, have some of the hospitalization data nested/embedded for entry or viewing so long as the "hospitalized" variable is true?

Solved Solved
0 6 193
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

i chatted with AppSheet support and supplied a few screenshots and have confirmed that what i am looking to do is not currently possible. I'll continue experimenting and see if i can find a way to streamline this workflow into to something that is agreeable for the time being.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@mykrobinson wrote:

embedded forms from another table

Enable the Is part of? property on the child table's column that references the parent table.

You could make use of table references and inline views. 

so it looks like with the methods listed above, one cannot necessarily direct embed the form, it would just be a button that says "new" which takes you to the form? That's what its looking like but i am just making sure i'm not just missing something, as i was hoping for a way to directly exposes the referenced elements as buttons, dropdowns, etc, all accessible within the same view despite actually being in different tables. 

so i am trying to have the circled part appear as if it is actually embedded in the parent table:

i chatted with AppSheet support and supplied a few screenshots and have confirmed that what i am looking to do is not currently possible. I'll continue experimenting and see if i can find a way to streamline this workflow into to something that is agreeable for the time being.

Investigate a dashboard view and/or the new desktop UI options. Maybe there are features there that would help you approximate what you're seeking.

Top Labels in this Space