๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ™Œ - Emojis & Databases - who has solved?

According to documentation, its known that Appsheet and SQL communicate via SQL 5.7, and only use utf8 charset, which is 3 bytes, not 4 bytes, and thus cannot carry the full unicode set, including emojis.

What DB/data solutions are you all using (aside from google sheets) to carry emojis to/from appsheet?

@QREW_Ben?

0 2 251
2 REPLIES 2

I don't have a slam dunk solution, but I do have some suggestions. When reading the data it seems to be working just fine, the problem is adding or editing the rows. If the data can be added or edited in another place, you don't have a problem. If you do, you might be able to set up a work around where you have an intermediary table that you use for adding or editing rows in Google Sheets and then set up an automation using a third party tool or an API call from an AppScript.

Alternatively, you could try Postgresql? I haven't tested it, but if Emojis are crucial it might be worth looking at another SQL version that AppSheet has a different connection with. Again, I haven't tested it, but that could be another work around. 

Thanks Ben!  We considered the intermediary table, but it adds a lot of scale issues and unnecessary data.  Emojis are a requirement for this, and we do hit data limits on sheets.  

We'll give Postgresql a try; thanks for the suggestion.

Top Labels in this Space