Enable OCR in a field in Appsheet Form

Hi,
I have created a form/app in AppSheet. The main idea is to record sales orders. So, the form contains the following field,
Date/Time:

Order ID:

Barcode: 

Qty: 

I want to enable OCR in the Order ID field so, that I can directly scan the Order number instead of manually entering the 20-digit order numbers every time I record a sale order. 

0 6 717
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

That's not how AppSheet's OCR works. OCR is used to extract text from scanned documents that have been uploaded. It doesn't seem like you have an uploaded document to process.

Is there a barcode?

Use a barcode scanner - AppSheet Help

No, I have not uploaded docs or images. The idea was to scan text from taking a photo of an invoice while recording the sales order and extract the Order ID.  Uploading the docs and extracting data is not what I was looking for. 

AppSheet cannot do what you want.

I have this feature in my app for extracting labels. You will need an image field and a textbox field with formula set to ocrtext([_thisrow].[image field]). Once you take the picture there is a delay as it's processed over the internet.  

@Noah_Beach Is OCRTEXT() still working for you? To me it stopped working.

BTW: You don't need to use [_thisrow]
OCRTEXT([Image_Column]) is enough.

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/LINKTOFORM-Navigation-Action-shows-blank-screen...

Yes it still works for me. You need an internet connection for it to work.
Top Labels in this Space