Enable opt in/out and unsubscribe

Enable opt in/out and unsubscribe - AppSheet Help

I don't know if I just hadn't the need or what but this section from the docs seems new to me.

The issue is that I can't find any config available inside automation that's related to it.

Could you point us to the right direction about what the docs meant @lizlynch?

1 4 327
4 REPLIES 4

It seems that the documentation is rather vague. My best guestimate would be that this requires a user table that is quasi maintained by you or your company where there is a Yes/No column that can be somehow updated with the user's preference. But in that case, maybe someone that receives an email from your application may not necessarily be a user of the application. I can tell you that any of my applications that use automated emails go to users that are outside of our domain and they do not have access to the application directly.

@SkrOYC - The article is just making a suggestion that this type of capability be offered. For example, before sending email perhaps you ask a user to click a link to opt in or out, or provide a link in the email sent that allows users to unsubscribe. 

Gotcha, that's what I thought.
The issue is that I feel like this should be an official option, something aside the "Powered by" link at the bottom.
Making such a link would require either exposing our API key in a link or having some knowledge outside AppSheet, in which case it feels weird that such a suggestion is present in the official docs.

I think at least we should have an example of how to setup this unsubscribe for the average AppSheet user/creator.

Also take into consideration that emails are not sent just to users of the app that could select an option from inside the app

@SkrOYC Thank you for your reply. Will work with the team to update the article with an example. 

Top Labels in this Space