Enable or Disable a menu view based on a cell value in a row

Hi can anyone suggest how to Enable or Disable a view in menu , based on a cell value in a row.?

currently the restriction seems to be that if i use the show if expression . there is a restriction that i cannot reference column values in the showif expression. any other alternative.

sandeepraon_1-1671925075006.png

sandeepraon_0-1671925062505.png

Any help please

@Marc_Dillon  @SkrOYC @Luis_Rodriguez_  @Steve 

Solved Solved
0 2 89
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Indeed, there's not an individual row--and, therefore, no column values from an individual row--that's available for reference in the context of a view's Show if expression. If you have a way to identify the row you want to reference from the view's table, then you can create an expression as you would from anywhere else outside the context of the view. For example:

ISNOTBLANK(SELECT(Table[Column], AND([Email] = USEREMAIL(), [Another Column] = "Some Value")))

Consider instead defining a slice that filters to the rows that you would show and only show the view if that slice is not blank.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Indeed, there's not an individual row--and, therefore, no column values from an individual row--that's available for reference in the context of a view's Show if expression. If you have a way to identify the row you want to reference from the view's table, then you can create an expression as you would from anywhere else outside the context of the view. For example:

ISNOTBLANK(SELECT(Table[Column], AND([Email] = USEREMAIL(), [Another Column] = "Some Value")))

Consider instead defining a slice that filters to the rows that you would show and only show the view if that slice is not blank.

Thank you very much dbaum, appreciate your prompt and immense help , it saved me an immense amount of time figuring , out an alternate solution for the same. @dbaum 

it worked like a charm..

Top Labels in this Space