Enterprise Licensing

I built an app for a client and moved the data to a cloud sql postgres database (so I could speed it up with indexes and database triggers in place of automations). I subsequently discovered that I need an enterprise license to deploy it. I need to send emails from the app, so I need it deployed. I cannot leave it in prototype.

I submitted the "Contact Sales" form on the appsheet pricing page twice in the past week with no response.

I called the sales number and was informed that I must secure enterprise licensing through a "partner". I have contacted 4 partners so far with no response.

Does anyone who has secured an enterprise license have any suggestions about who to call or email to get this done? I really like this platform, but I don't want to copy my database back to a spreadsheet so I can deploy it.

I'm have been at a standstill on this for a week now. My client is starting to look at me funny. Like I'm a clown or something. Because I told him we're stalled because I can't get in touch with google.

Solved Solved
5 14 552
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have finally secured enterprise licensing. The partner I was working with could not, in the end, provide enterprise licensing. The ultimate solution was to share my experiences in detail here in these forums until someone with the right contacts was able to escalate the issue to sales. I expect that this situation will get better over time. In the meantime, the best way to get results is to reach out to this community.

If you are frustrated, resist the urge to vent or express anger. State the facts and have faith that the people here in the community who are affiliated with Google/Appsheet will help.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Go to https://appsheettraining.com/ click on talk to an expert to schedule a talk with them. They will guide you on what to do.

im the same, I can't get anyone to speak to me about enterprise pricing, have tried the form on the website, calling google, speaking to a partner company, emailing sales, they all say they welcome back to me with info and never do

You could try reaching our to these nice people: https://www.qrewtech.com. They are helping me get licensing setup. 

I also reached out to Appsheet tech support in the app. It took a few days, but they got me in contact with some helpful people at google that enabled an enterprise trial on my appsheet account for me while I get licensing setup.

If you have a Google Workspace account, submit an incident via billing support. After months of trying independently to contact AppSheet Sales, that’s what finally worked for me. The billing support representative followed up reliably and regularly, even though it also took them a couple weeks  to get AppSheet Sales to contact me. 

Did you try simply deploying anyway? If the app works, then that meets your need, and maybe after a few days it gets AppSheet Sales’s attention to contact you. 

Yeah I have deployed a white label app to the app stores. Its just I need to find out details about the pricing and which way is going to be cheapest. At least tonight ive finally had someone come back to me to confirm they only count active users who have been online in the last 30 days, thats a good part that makes it a lot more viable for me. I might need 50 or 60 users registered to the app, however most of them probably wont use the app much

That's good to know. So, @gerz, based on @clintinthecode's experience, it sounds like you might be able to go ahead and deploy, and leave it up to AppSheet to contact you.

To deploy with white label I had to sign up to the us$10 / month option with 10 users.

Appsheet was preventing me from deploying until I got enterprise licensing. Making noise here seems to have done the trick. I've been contacted by both a partner and the appsheet team directly. I'm off to the races.

It seems, based on my experience and from reading other posts, that when one uses the "Contact Sales" button on the Appsheet website pricing page, the correct google team members don't get notified in timely manner or don't get notified at all in some cases.

I had same experience, It seems like appsheet doesn't need customer 😶

I have finally secured enterprise licensing. The partner I was working with could not, in the end, provide enterprise licensing. The ultimate solution was to share my experiences in detail here in these forums until someone with the right contacts was able to escalate the issue to sales. I expect that this situation will get better over time. In the meantime, the best way to get results is to reach out to this community.

If you are frustrated, resist the urge to vent or express anger. State the facts and have faith that the people here in the community who are affiliated with Google/Appsheet will help.

Could you share the value per user of the enterprice account please?

Afaik, 20 with a minimum of 20 users required per month

It's $20 per month with a minimum user commitment, like SkyOYC said.

Top Labels in this Space