Enum Dropdown Quickedit

Bahbus

I have a weird behavior happening and I’m not sure what is causing it or if it is a bug. Basically, I have some Enums with Valid_Ifs constraining them as dropdowns. By itself its perfectly ok.
2X_4_45be962671c2c5a0869b0662e48561bf3b0d6921.png

But when I select an option…
2X_b_bca56af5dfd51f61dd553967a531ae4f95014626.png
It does that.
However, the other Enum dropdown with Valid_If does not do that…
2X_9_98f6d40a2ef0d3730d65d688fda4865b9cd7232a.png

Any ideas on to the why it is behaving this way?

Solved Solved
0 7 426
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My other idea, based off of your idea, was to use UNIQUE(), which takes any list as input and returns the same list without any duplicates, and for whatever reason THAT works.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

You are using a SELECT() in the Valid_If?

I wonder if the SELECT() is being retriggered to validate? There is never a guarantee of order unless you sort. Will an ORDERBY() wrapped around your SELECT() keep them in the order you want?

EDIT: Wow! My mind is nuts today! I just noticed that you have a duplicate entry, not that the order changed.

I am not sure why that would happen, I believe there is a DISTINCT property for the SELECT(). maybe try that?

I’m actually using SPLIT and LOOKUP to create a list from a cell that contains CSVs for both lists, but the weird behavior is only on the one.

I think you could introduce a SELECT() that will allow distinct like so:

SELECT(SPLT(LOOKUP(…)…), true, true)

The first true means “select all”. The second means distinct only.

I’ll test that theory out and one of my own theories that I just came up with and report back in a bit.

Select(…, TRUE, TRUE) doesn’t seem to work and throws an invalid inputs error. Seemingly because the first input must be a table or slice column and not any ol’ list.

Yeah, like I said, my brain is mush today!!

My other idea, based off of your idea, was to use UNIQUE(), which takes any list as input and returns the same list without any duplicates, and for whatever reason THAT works.

Top Labels in this Space