Enum/EnumList from referenced table whilst allowing new/additional values

Hello There

I know that Valid_If expressions or even a simple Ref column would allow me to reference another data table in my app to set a value from a list of values whilst editing a row - but is there a way to make a column reference another data table whilst having the option to add a different value if the desired one cannot be found?

For example, a user scans a barcode and proceeds to edit the data for that row. One of the columns references another table with a list of names โ†’ is there a way for the user to add a new name within that form view if they cannot find the one theyโ€™re looking for? Keeping in mind that the original list of names exists in a different table.

Any help appreciated.

0 1 73
1 REPLY 1

In your settings if you click on the pencil on the left of a column in data โ†’ columns then you should be able to find this check box I have that says allow other values.
While this will allow other values in when filling out the form you have it will not make the full data entry in the referenced table. (In my case the vehicle Inspection table).

You would want to train people that if they need to enter a new item to be referenced that they will need to add that item in the proper form, then fill out this one that uses it as a reference.

You can write an expression if they fill this out first and then add the item in the referenced table later by searching for names that are the same and selecting the one with the more complete data if needed.

I hope that is helpful, sorry it may not be the answer you are looking for.

Craig
QREW Technologies

Top Labels in this Space