Enum Field resets every time child record is entered

I have an ENUM field that resets every time an entry is made in the child record but Reset on Edit is not turned on for the field. In addition to the image the following is turned on but nothing else - in prior designs the system doesnโ€™t react this way. Any thoughts?

Editable? Yes
Searchable? Yes

Here is button that keeps resetting each time I make an entry in the child records. Child records are currently set to not be seen unless the value of the button is set to Yes

0 11 236
11 REPLIES 11

Are there any actions running that would reset that field?

Nothing yet. New form

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Does the column have a Valid If expression? If so, please post a screenshot of the complete expression.

Does the column have a Spreadsheet formula set? If so, remove it, delete all empty rows of the spreadsheet below the last used data row, and regenerate the tableโ€™s columns.

Thanks Steve. Thereโ€™s no Valid If expression and no Spreadsheet Formula. I regenerated the columns but still no luck.

I would think, then, that there must be an action involved somewhere. Or maybe a bug with Yes/No QuickEdit in detail views?

Youโ€™ll probably need to engage support@appsheet.com to dive into your app configuration.

Thanks Steve

Not sure, but did you check the data source, spreadsheet.
The exisitng value could be saved as TRUE / FALSE instead of Yes or No?

Thanks Tsuji, the data in the spreadsheet was Yes and No. I deleted the field and created a new ENUM with the same options and weโ€™re back on track.

Thanks for the support as always!

Not sure what did cause the issue, but good to see the problem is solved, which is the most important.

Ok found the bug. The issue occurs when I make another fieldโ€™s โ€œShow Ifโ€ option dependent on the ENUM field. For example: the ENUM is a Yes/No. When the user presses Yes, the related child records should appear. When they press No, the child records stay hidden. When I remove these ShowIf options, the ENUM buttons work fine.

Submitted to Appsheet

Top Labels in this Space