Enum List Dependant on another Enum List with both being Ref to other tables

Hi everyone, I have registration form for users to select the user_competencies (Enum List type Ref to the table competencies) and based on the user_competencies selected they can select the user_skills (EnumList Type Ref to the table skills)

I am having trouble showing the user the skills available for them after they selected the competencies they have, I have tried using deference in the Valid If section writing the following formula.

[user_competencies][Related Skills]

But this will just show multiple key value lists like this 

Rene_Casana_0-1705409071450.png

I have also tried adding a virtual column named user_skills_list with the code above and then addig the virtual column as a validation list to the column user_skills, seems to work but only will let me select the skills related to the first competency selected

• The table structure for competencies are: key, name, Related Skills
  • The table structure for skills is: key, name, competency_id
  • The table structure for users is key, name, user_competencies, user_skills

I want to achieve a functionality where the user is able to select multiple competencies and then select multiple skills filtered from the multiple competencies selected. I have done this already some time ago in one app but I totally forgot how to and where I got the answer.

Solved Solved
0 3 105
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try something like SELECT(Skills[Key],IN([competency_id],[_THISROW].[user_competencies]))

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Try something like SELECT(Skills[Key],IN([competency_id],[_THISROW].[user_competencies]))

Worked like a charm, thanks Aleksi.

Rene_Casana_1-1705420275058.png

Rene_Casana_2-1705420415924.png

Excellent!

Top Labels in this Space