Enum List in Google Sheets

I am trying to create an Enum List in my Google Sheets spreadsheet, to use in my AppSheet app. I have found how to create a drop-down enum using data validation, allowing me to select one option from a list. However, I need to be able to select several options when applicable. 

Can anyone help?

Solved Solved
0 3 2,836
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jrsmith252 wrote:

a drop-down enum using data validation, allowing me to select one option from a list

That's simply a method for populating and constraining the value that gets entered in a spreadsheet cell. As a data source for an AppSheet app, all that matters is what's actually in the cell regardless of how it got entered. If you need to populate your spreadsheet directly rather than via your app, then you can simply type or paste into the cell. For an enumlist type app column, enter in the cell your list of values delimited by the character designated in the app's configuration for that column. For example:

apple , banana , orange

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Enumlist

You can use EnumList type in appsheet. See below for more documentation:
https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10107878?hl=en

@jrsmith252 wrote:

a drop-down enum using data validation, allowing me to select one option from a list

That's simply a method for populating and constraining the value that gets entered in a spreadsheet cell. As a data source for an AppSheet app, all that matters is what's actually in the cell regardless of how it got entered. If you need to populate your spreadsheet directly rather than via your app, then you can simply type or paste into the cell. For an enumlist type app column, enter in the cell your list of values delimited by the character designated in the app's configuration for that column. For example:

apple , banana , orange
Top Labels in this Space