Enum Values

Is it possible to have an app formula on a list of Enum values i.e. a formula that selects the Enum values for you or does it have to be text?

I have a form that requires users to go in and request approval - to request approval the Enum value is selected. 3X_6_e_6ee9e496c3cd0b6cd6379d952e3b7ef2196c3064.png

3X_9_3_93a20999c959e2750cb3d4d3de5ca47261dbbd4b.png

I have a reset on edit condition based on whether this approval is rejected/accepted. If the rejection is accepted I want them to be able to edit the form again but I canโ€™t do that when the value has been reset to blank.

0 6 322
6 REPLIES 6

I would like certain users to be able to select certain enum options if thats possible even?

So something like this as the suggested and valid if

IF(
[ColumnA]=โ€œfooโ€,
LIST(โ€œAโ€,โ€œBโ€,โ€œCโ€),
LIST(โ€œDโ€,โ€œEโ€,โ€œFโ€)
)

If I had two users i.e. User A and User B

So User A can see โ€œPending Approvalโ€, โ€œApprovedโ€, โ€œRejectedโ€ as enum values.

User B can only see Pending Approval.

Can I apply an app formula so that the button auto selects the right option.

I want user B to be able to request approval when they open the form but I can only do that if I can reset the value in some way, the value cant be blank because then it cant be edited

Sorry the explanation is poor

You might need to tick โ€œAllow otherโ€ฆโ€ as well

IFS(
UserEmail()=โ€œjohn@doe.comโ€,LIST(โ€œAโ€,โ€œBโ€,โ€œCโ€),
UserEmail()=โ€œjohn@smith.com",LIST(โ€œDโ€,โ€œEโ€,โ€œFโ€)
)

The display of different Enums seems to work fine, but I canโ€™t get the app formula to update the enum selection automatically unfortunately

Top Labels in this Space