Enum and create new items in other table

Hi,

I am trying to create a form which has a enum column that is referenced to other table - Vendor List[Vendor Name]. I wanted to create an pop-out option or linktoform that redirect the user to a form to add new vendor (has additional 5 columns).

Since if I input Vendor List[Vendor Name] in suggested values field it will only allow user to create new vendor and not the other corresponding columns that I need. Appreciate the help.

Solved Solved
0 5 130
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A dropdown list referencing the key of a table usually has a New button that takes you to a Form to enter a new row in the referenced table. Do you not see it?

Can you share the definition of the vendor name column(s) outside Vendor List table that reference Vendor List?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I cannot be sure till I see the table definition of you Vendor List but I suspect it has a key column besides [Vendor Name]?

If so,  you should specify that col and make [Vendor Name] as Label.

Here is the table for Vendor List. I want to try to create an option wherein user will be directed to a form to fill up necessary information if the vendor is not in the enum in vendor name column

vendor list.png

Here will be a sample form

vendor form.png

A dropdown list referencing the key of a table usually has a New button that takes you to a Form to enter a new row in the referenced table. Do you not see it?

Can you share the definition of the vendor name column(s) outside Vendor List table that reference Vendor List?

Saw it now. Been circling around. Thank you so much!

Top Labels in this Space