Enum list with calculated values

Hi all. New to this, can’t find the answer I need, apologies if it has already been covered somewhere.

I am using smartsheet as my data source.

I am creating an app to allow clients to select fittings for their building projects, and I would like a drop down list at the bottom of the page which will have all the options available, and the price variation to their contract as well.

I believe I can build this in a smartsheet cell, is there a way to get options for the enum list from a cell?

0 5 119
5 REPLIES 5

Not 100% sure what you’re asking here. Does this help?

Thank you @Marc_Dillon

Almost! That is allowing me to get dropdown list options from a column in a separate table.

My source sheet has over 200 rows, and each of these requires a specific set of drop down options. I can build these options into a single cell in the source sheet, and separate these with a comma, and then I would like these to create the drop down list.

My smartsheet cell would look like this

Option 1 + $200, Option 2 +400, Option 4 - $100

The values in the smartsheet cell would be working from a formula to provide the costings, so when I create a contract I can enter the contract default allowance, and then the price for each option variance would auto calculate and create the drop down options.

So the comma-separate values that you want to use for your dropdown list are in the same record as the dropdown column? If the comma-separated column is a List type, just directly refer to that column in your valid_if [column], if not, then maybe you need to add SPLIT() to convert it to a List.

Thank you

I discovered that i can add the list options into new columns, then in the properties for the column I can add suggested valuesusing the formula " list([Dropdown options],[App dropdown list options])"

This works well, next challenge is to make it so only one button can be selected from the options - any ideas?

Sounds like you’re using EnumList, when you should be using Enum.

Top Labels in this Space