Enum "Other Values" in Dynamic/Embedded Emails

Hoping someone can help me determine if this is expected behavior, a bug, or I am missing something...

I have a ENUM type column that allows for "Other Values".  In the app, it works fine.  Users can type a new entry directly in the field or select from the dropdown(populated by Auto-Complete and Suggested values).  But in the embedded email view, they are limited strictly to choosing an existing value from the dropdown.

I have tried all kinds of combinations of the settings for that column type, as well as some variation of other types, but can't seem to find anything that works in embedded email view that allows for both selection from a list or entry of new data if not in the list.   Anyone crossed this bridge before?

0 2 123
2 REPLIES 2

No one has responded so I'll try to provide some color here.

I have not crossed this bridge...yet.  However, I believe that it's probably not supported at the moment.  When a recipient interacts with the embedded view they are doing so outside of AppSheet platform.  The functionality operates under HTML/Java Script as utilized by the recipients host machine.  Not all HTML features are widely supported.

So the "Other Values" feature is likely not supported in the embedded views for a couple of potential reasons:

1. It not a commonly utilized feature across all machines and their HTML implementation.
  2. It is a complicated feature to-re-implement in embedded views and AppSheet will only do so if there is widespread interest.

A workaround might be to include in the embedded view a separate text field to capture the  "Other Values".

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Embedded view has all sorts of limitations, so it's probably that. I suggest reporting it to Support.

Top Labels in this Space