Enum shows list from another table (in another database)

I am creating an application to track commission. In my form where they would enter the sale, they need to select an item. I need to have a separate utility for the editing of those items (if we change how much the amounts are, or choose to stop giving commission on said item). This separate table that lists the items will be used for multiple things across the app. I need the enum of the enter sale form to show the list from the table of items.

DB 1 SALE RECORD / DB 2 ITEM LIST

Form for DB1 asks to select item sold, returned options are from the editable list from DB2.

0 1 61
1 REPLY 1

@kgrapevinetx wrote:

This separate table that lists the items will be used for multiple things across the app

Make sure this table has been added to the app if you wish to use it for dropdown lists.  NOTE:  Your app can have multiple datasources - this includes multiple databases - so you can mix and match the tables across all of your databases in a single app.  

@kgrapevinetx wrote:

returned options are from the editable list from DB2.

It is not clear how your items are defined and what information you want returned.  This is important because it will determine the column type on your DB1 Sales Record.

1. For instance, maybe all you want is the Item Name pulled over.  Then an Enum type column would be appropriate.
  2. More commonly, the Sales Record would be a REF column - i.e. a pointer to the Item row. When the user chooses the Item row, then the "pointer" can be used to pull in a number of OTHER details from that row and add them into the Sales Record under additional columns... e.g.  Size, Color, Description, Sales Price, etc.  AppSheet has features provided in the platform to help handle this scenario to make it easy.

Which of these situations are you wanting to implement for your app?

Top Labels in this Space