EnumList ID Lookup - Select Returns Only One Result or Field Disappears

Hello all -

I have a virtual column called get_coll_id with a select statement in the Formula field that either returns all IDs in the column, 1 ID, or, when I select multiple, the field hides.

select(my_collection[my_collection_id], IN([plants_to_trade], list([plant_name])),true)

Purpose of my app
Users can create a new trade request where they can select 1 or more plants they are willing to trade (my_collection lists all the plants the user has) in exchange for 1 or more plants that the user is searching for (ISO table lists all the plants theyโ€™re looking for and their characteristics, like size of plant).

Issue
Iโ€™m using EnumList + List base for both dropdowns so users can select multiple plant names. I need to access the IDs for each plant selected in those dropdowns. Iโ€™m trying to fill get_coll_id with the ID(s) of whatโ€™s selected in plants_to_trade. It works great when I only select 1 item but the field completely hides if I select any more than that.

Hereโ€™s a little video of the app that ends with the field hiding - itโ€™s really weird. Google Drive: Sign-in

my_collection table:

willing_to_trade

Solved Solved
0 2 134
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try it with these changes to the IN() portion of your expression.
3X_f_4_f40cf2a5ce1a48b61e1d68afbcc0e1e7f97e49ab.png

select(my_collection[my_collection_id], 

IN( [plant_name] , [_THISROW].[plants-to-trade] )

),true)

Make sure to review the help article on IN()

And note the usage of [_THISROW] to refer to the column in the Table that youโ€™re running the expression from. I believe the SELECT() article should have more information about that.

Also, when a field suddenly gets hidden, that often means that either its App Formula, or Valid_If expression, is returning nothing.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Try it with these changes to the IN() portion of your expression.
3X_f_4_f40cf2a5ce1a48b61e1d68afbcc0e1e7f97e49ab.png

select(my_collection[my_collection_id], 

IN( [plant_name] , [_THISROW].[plants-to-trade] )

),true)

Make sure to review the help article on IN()

And note the usage of [_THISROW] to refer to the column in the Table that youโ€™re running the expression from. I believe the SELECT() article should have more information about that.

Also, when a field suddenly gets hidden, that often means that either its App Formula, or Valid_If expression, is returning nothing.

Thank you so so so much!!!

Top Labels in this Space