EnumList Ref with filter AND option to create

I have a table for employees that are either Active or Inactive. Another table column is setup as an enumlist base type ref to this employee table. I understand adding a valid_if statement will limit the list of employees to only active. However, I need the ability to create new, if needed. So instead of valid_if, I use the suggest values. However, doing so lists Active employees first but then also lists inactive employees & all combinations of previous employee selections.

Is there a way to accurately filter the available selections while also allowing create?

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 11.45.36 AM.png

Solved Solved
0 3 138
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Do you have the "auto complete other values" option turned off?

Marc_Dillon_0-1646073932802.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Do you have the "auto complete other values" option turned off?

Marc_Dillon_0-1646073932802.png

That's the issue. So simple! Sorry about that.

One other question - Is there any reason why I would do Enum with base type reference compared to just reference? What is benefit to enum with base type ref?

It prevents the VC REF_ROWS() [Related...] column from being automatically generated in your parent table. This can be helpful for improving performance in some situations.

Since you're using EnumList, not just Enum, it is the only way to have multi-select capability with a Ref.

Top Labels in this Space