EnumList - The list depends on the selected values

Pepe

Hello World!

I have a problem that, unfortunately, I cannot solve.
I have a table (โ€œPARTSโ€) with 4 columns (Category; ID; Name; Name_long).
I want to create a form in which, after selecting a specific category, I will see a pool of names assigned to the selected category. The problem is that I would like the user to be able to choose e.g. 3 categories at the same time, and then in the next step he would get answers from 3 selected categories.

Is such a solution possible?
I am asking for help and thank you in advance

eg.:

Category:
wheels ( 20", 21", 22" )
steering wheels ( black, yellow, white )
engines ( 16V, 8V )

User chooses 2 categories ( wheels and engines ), and in the next step he can choose only 20", 21", 22", 16V, 8V.

I hope that I managed to explain it quite clearly

Solved Solved
0 5 311
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Iโ€™ve got the solution!

Thanks to @June_Corpuz !

SELECT(
	Parts[Name_long],
	IN(
		[Category],
		SPLIT(
			[_THISROW].[Category],
            ","
		)
	)
)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello-

Welcome to AppSheet community!

Please try this formula. Let me know if you encountered any errors.

SELECT(
	Parts[ID],
	IN(
		[Category],
		SPLIT(
			[_THISROW].[Category]
		)
	)
)

Thank you for your response! Unfortunately, the solution you provided does not work (or I am doing something wrong with it).

I will try to detail what I mean:

1. I have one file with two tables: โ€œArkusz1โ€ (eng. โ€œSheet1โ€) and โ€œPARTSโ€. The โ€œArkusz 1โ€ tab is my main table where I would like to get all the responses from the form. The โ€œPARTSโ€ tab is actually just a parts list.

3X_b_9_b943f9ef25af7d1b87e0653a0f52d4f2cc70c505.jpeg

1. The โ€œArkusz 1โ€ table looks like this:

I would like selected parts from the list in the โ€œPARTSโ€ table to appear in the โ€œWymienione czฤ™ล›ci na noweโ€ (eng. โ€œReplaced parts for newโ€) column in โ€œArkusz 1โ€.

1. The โ€œPARTSโ€ table looks like this:

1. The form looks like this:

3X_4_b_4bf6737b8f7bb5fcb9207db0bf5a9acfbfddb892.jpeg

I would like that in the field โ€œWymienione czฤ™ล›ci na noweโ€ you select categories first (from the โ€œCategoryโ€ column in the โ€œPARTSโ€ tab), then specific parts from the selected categories (from the โ€œName_longโ€ column, also from the PARTS tab) appear.

Iโ€™ve got the solution!

Thanks to @June_Corpuz !

SELECT(
	Parts[Name_long],
	IN(
		[Category],
		SPLIT(
			[_THISROW].[Category],
            ","
		)
	)
)

Hello back!

Itโ€™s time for a little update. I am currently struggling to add one more condition (the output column) to my form.

The thing is, the user would first select a type (โ€œTyp_Roweruโ€ column), then a category (โ€œKateogiraโ€ column), and finally a specific part (โ€œName_longโ€ column).

My guess is that you need to add something to the previous code, but Iโ€™ve tried many things and it doesnโ€™t work :(.

Please help!

Nevermind! Got it

Top Labels in this Space