EnumList & ref field won't accept input

I have a field "Instructional Delivery" and I am trying to pull in the values (multiple select required) and so am using an EnumList and Ref as the Base type.

The table (Criteria) I'm pulling in from has the columns CriterionID (key), Strand, Criteria. The field I'm trying to use is the Criteria field, type LongText

I'm using a slice to pull in only those Criteria in the Strand "Instructional Delivery", and the Valid If statement if =Criteria[Criteria]

This all works, I have a list of statements I can select from. However, they all have a yellow triangle warning, and whether I select one or many entries there's a red text under the box "This entry is invalid".

I've tried comparing what I am doing to the sample app EnumList of Refs and from what I can see I am doing the same thing. However, it's not working.

How do I resolve this issue?

Solved Solved
0 2 175
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OMG!

Solved the problem myself by reading through the help AGAIN

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10107321?hl=en&ref_topic=10102053
Suggest I have to use a Select statement, so I tried the line below, but I missed the detail about the key field

Select(Criteria[Criteria],[Strand]="Instructional Delivery")

So, I changed it to the line below, but I also adjusted the column settings for the Criteria table and made the Criteria field be the label.

Select(Criteria[CriterionID],[Strand]="Instructional Delivery")

Problem solved, thankfully. This project is no longer dead in the water!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

OMG!

Solved the problem myself by reading through the help AGAIN

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10107321?hl=en&ref_topic=10102053
Suggest I have to use a Select statement, so I tried the line below, but I missed the detail about the key field

Select(Criteria[Criteria],[Strand]="Instructional Delivery")

So, I changed it to the line below, but I also adjusted the column settings for the Criteria table and made the Criteria field be the label.

Select(Criteria[CriterionID],[Strand]="Instructional Delivery")

Problem solved, thankfully. This project is no longer dead in the water!

Well done!

Top Labels in this Space