EnumList converting to Enum automaticly

I have a TableWorker in which there is a column "Worker Name" with WorkerID as the key. In the second table there is a TaskTable with "Task Name" and a TaskID as the key with the additional WorkerID column from WorkerTable to make it related. I want one task can be filled with many Workers so use EnumList.
Now when the WorkerID column in the TaskTable I gave Type=EnumList and Base=Ref to the WorkerTable "Worker Name" from the WorkerTable it successfully exited and could be selected MANY workers FIXED the table lost Related.
Whereas if the WorkerID column in the Tasks Table I immediately give Type=Ref to the Worker Table then only ONE worker can be selected (Auto convert to ENUM) STILL the Task is Related to the Worker.

How do you make the WorkerID column still select MANY workers and the Task is still Associated with these workers?
Solved Solved
0 2 124
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@gekka wrote:

How do you make the WorkerID column still select MANY workers and the Task is still Associated with these workers?

Based on your description, that's what you've already done.

If you're asking how to create a reverse reference column--e.g., a [Related Tasks] column like AppSheet automatically creates for you when you link tables using a Ref type column--then the answer is that you can create such a column just like you would any other. Add a column to your table and enter an App formula expression that returns the key values of the related records. (Likely you want to use a virtual column so that it is reliably up-to-date without needing to edit the row's data source columns.) For example:

SELECT(Tasks[TaskID], IN([_THISROW].[WorkerID], [WorkerID]))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@gekka wrote:

Based on your description, that's what you've already done.

If you're asking how to create a reverse reference column--e.g., a [Related Tasks] column like AppSheet automatically creates for you when you link tables using a Ref type column--then the answer is that you can create such a column just like you would any other. Add a column to your table and enter an App formula expression that returns the key values of the related records. (Likely you want to use a virtual column so that it is reliably up-to-date without needing to edit the row's data source columns.) For example:

SELECT(Tasks[TaskID], IN([_THISROW].[WorkerID], [WorkerID]))

Amazing, That just work. After 3 days i can move on. Been using AppSheet for 5 Days.

English is not my primary language. I had to use google translate to write questions. Considering the messy translation result, your solution is perfect.

Top Labels in this Space