EnumList not showing the id I selected but other data instead

So the problem I'm facing is that I want to show the ID (in my case is the "Nota" column) but it shows the date instead in the enumList. What seems to be the problem.

Benny_mk_0-1648234450372.pngBenny_mk_1-1648234486532.png

Benny_mk_0-1648235043731.png

For the suggested values, I fill in the same thing as the valid_if formula but it shows error :

Benny_mk_2-1648234560178.png

p.s. I am also trying to show a list of data from the table referred that is selected in the enumList, how would I do that?

Solved Solved
1 7 113
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The Ref column WILL store the key values, have a look at the spreadsheet. 

However, in your Forms and Views, the displayed value will be the Date because you have set this column as Label. 

If you want your "No. Nota" column to be displayed, then mark it as Label instead. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Ref columns will only store the values of the key column in the referenced table. If you want to get a the values of another column in the referenced table, you should then have another column that calculates the required values through a dereference expression.

Please read these guides carefully:

References Between Tables | AppSheet Help Center 

Dereference Expressions | AppSheet Help Center  

That's the thing, the enumlist doesnt show the key value, but other value instead

The Ref column WILL store the key values, have a look at the spreadsheet. 

However, in your Forms and Views, the displayed value will be the Date because you have set this column as Label. 

If you want your "No. Nota" column to be displayed, then mark it as Label instead. 

That works. Thanks a lot!! 

What are the key and display fields in your referenced table and what are their types?

That is by design, it is one of the powerful aspects of relating tables through references. Although it is the key value being stored, it is the display value which will be seen. Read the links that @Joseph_Seddik provided and if you still have questions then come back with some further screen shots of what you are seeing.

@graham_howe again and again and again 😁

Top Labels in this Space