Enumlist in a Template

Hello, and thank you in advance for taking the time to review my questions and assist with a solution. I think this is a fairly simple thing, but my appsheet skills are just not cutting it. 

Within my app, I have a column, [SupervisionType], Enumlist, with 11 options. Four of these options contain the the word 'Registration', the other 7 options do not. In my template, I have a table and would for those options that contain the word, 'Registration' to appear one one line, and those that do not contain the word, 'Registration' to appear on another. Is this doable? 

Thank you for your assistance!!!

0 9 199
9 REPLIES 9

Could you please add a little more about the requirement?

Do the options containing the word "Registration" appear sequentially in the enumlist, either at the start or end? Or are these options containing the word "Registration" are scattered in the enumlist. 

If those are scattered, is it possible that those can be listed sequentially in the enumlist itself?

Sure thing, the options containing the word, 'Registration' are all grouped together, appear sequentially at the end of the list. Thanks for taking a look at this!

Thank you. Will those all 11 options including the 4 options containing the word "Registration" be always present in the output or actual options in the report could be anywhere from 1 to 11 , depending on the user's selection for a particular record.

I believe since it is enumlist column, the number of enumlist options saved in each record will be different? So the expression will need to take care of that aspect?

The actual output is based on the user's selection, somewhere between 1 and 11. Thanks again for your help!

Thank you. Please update if the word Registration precedes in those 4 options or is at the end, meaning are options in the format "Registration Event" or "Event Registration" 

Sorry, the structure would be, 'Event Registration' all appearing at the end of the 11 item list. Thanks!

If understanding of your requirement is clear, please try the following expression

<<CONCATENATE(

"* ",[SupervisionType] -
SPLIT(TEXT(SUBSTITUTE(EXTRACTEMAILS(SUBSTITUTE([SupervisionType]," Registration", "@Registration.com")),"@Registration.com", " Registration"))," , "), "

" , "* ",SPLIT(TEXT(SUBSTITUTE(EXTRACTEMAILS(SUBSTITUTE([SupervisionType]," Registration", "@Registration.com")),"@Registration.com", " Registration"))," , ")
)>>

Hello, I tried the expression and got the following error, 

Error encountered in step with name [SendPretrialBondReport]: Error: 'SendPretrialBondReport From Court' task 'EmailBHReport' Attachment template. Expression 'CONCATENATE("* ",[SupervisionType] -<br />โ€ŽSPLIT(TEXT(SUBSTITUTE(EXTRACTEMAILS(SUBSTITUTE([SupervisionType]," Registration", "@Registration.com")),"@Registration.com", " Registration"))," , "), "" , "* ",SPLIT(TEXT(SUBSTITUTE(EXTRACTEMAILS(SUBSTITUTE([SupervisionType]," Registration", "@Registration.com")),"@Registration.com", " Registration"))," , ")<br />โ€Ž)' is invalid due to: Expression 'CONCATENATE("* ",[SupervisionType] -<br />โ€ŽSPLIT(TEXT(SUBSTITUTE(EXTRACTEMAILS(SUBSTITUTE([SupervisionType]," Registration", "@Registration.com")),"@Registration.com", " Registration"))," , "), "" , "* ",SPLIT(TEXT(SUBSTITUTE(EXTRACTEMAILS(SUBSTITUTE([SupervisionType]," Registration", "@Registration.com")),"@Registration.com", " Registration"))," , ")<br />โ€Ž)' was unable to be parsed: The given key was not present in the dictionary...

Any thoughts you might have would be greatly appreciated. I will say, and my appsheet skills are limited, but I would think that if the expression says, if SupervisionType = one of these 7 values or does not contain 'Registration' in its title, then put the value(s) of SupervisionType here. Then it would be the reverse for those values that DO contain 'Registration' or = one of those 4 values? Thanks again for your help!

Please try below, if the below does not work, I am afraid, you may need to share how the enumlist column settings and its values look. You may use pseudo data for values.

Please create two VCs called say [SupervisionType_T1] and [SupervisionType_2]

Expression for [SupervisionType_T1]:

CONCATENATE(

"* ",[SupervisionType] -
SPLIT(TEXT(SUBSTITUTE(EXTRACTEMAILS(SUBSTITUTE([SupervisionType]," Registration", "@Registration.com")),"@Registration.com", " Registration"))," , ")
)

Expression for [SupervisionType_T2]: 

CONCATENATE("* ",SPLIT(TEXT(SUBSTITUTE(EXTRACTEMAILS(SUBSTITUTE([SupervisionType]," Registration", "@Registration.com")),"@Registration.com", " Registration"))," , ")
)

Please include these columns in the template as follows

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1692591573141.png

The resulting report looks like below in email

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1692591450689.png

Top Labels in this Space